Sunday, November 27, 2011

WIPs



WIP, originally uploaded by Ove and Lucia.

There are several things on the needles right now. Like this selbu mitten. This is actually my first real effort trying to make a pair of selbu mittens, even though I have tons of patterns purchased. I don't know why, I just always think knitting selbu mittens requires so much more than what I am capable of, such as the patience, the inner peace to relax, the concentration, the techniques and the ability to decide which pattern to start.This time I got help from a colleague, who needs a pair of mittens "right away" and who happens to know that I am kinda "knitting-gal" ('coz I knit at lunch at work :=P). When he came to ask me if I could make a pair of mittens for him, I just felt "YES!", now I have not only the person who can decide the pattern for me, but also the motivation for finishing them "in time" and I can just pretent that I have the indefinite source of patience and zen to borrow from when mine runs out.


The photo above shows how far I got in two weeks. Not too much? Well, that's because I also work on these...



Yes, the goldfish mitten fever is STILL on. I have been trying to make a pair as gifts. Started from the left, the first two are identical in pattern, but not in size, so I casted on the third one, which mysterically turned out a different colored face and the pattern was a bit wrong above where the fin should be...I must have counted the rows wrong. Out of frustration, I casted the fourth one. Don't ask me what happened when I picked up orange insteand of gray. I guess my mind was not functioning at all on that train trip...So here becomes necessary for the fifth one...since I had little yellow yarn left, I casted on with gray, hoping that I would have enough yellow for this one, but only to realize, later, that in that case I will need to forget all the previous four fish. Now I have almost no yellow yarn left, so I will buy more of it. And the next question won't be easy: Should I make a pair with the first one (the yellow tail), or the last one (the gray tail)?

These are actually not Christmas gift knitting...I just pretent that I do not have a long list :)

5 comments:

ArtyMarti said...

The selbu mitten pattern looks so complicated. You are doing an amazing job. Your friend will be lucky you said yes.

ArtyMarti said...

Have a happy holiday.

designfirm said...

Very nice. Thanks for sharing.....

sbo said...

coolsbo

Jason2011 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.